Monday, September 30, 2013

Oct's Model Of The Month : Ugly Shyla!!

Meet one of my most favorite doll's. 
I've known Shyla for 10yrs.. Kinda crazy. 
She is one of the sweetest models I've had the privileged to know!
So here's my favorite spooky gal for Oct's Feature!

Name Ugly Shyla Age 33 height 5'5 measurements 48,38,48 I'm very evenly spaced out.LOL
1. When did you start your career? I think the first photoshoot I ever did was for my friend Caleb Storm.

2. What kind of model are you I'm a alternative model.

3. What are you hobbies,favorite movie,favorite music,etc? I'm heavily into the arts.I also read allot and I like sewing.I also have a pet squirrel named Winkelhimer so she more of a full time job then a hobby.LOL My fave movies right now are Blue Velvet,Cape Fear,Tim and Eric's Awesome Movie and Agnes of God.

4. Is modeling your full time job? Thankfully no.Since I'm a surreal doll artist for a living I get to work in my pj's with no makeup on.

5. What do you know now that you wish you did when you 1st started modeling? I can't say there is anything I wish I knew then that I know now.I have had pretty good experiences.

6. Where do you want to take your modeling in the future? I never planned at all on being a model so I never know where it's going to take me.

7. Who is your favorite photographer,model,designer? John Santerineross,I really like Kumi even though she doesn't model much anymore,Rogizoid Shatterz and Malice McMunn,they give me hope for the future of alt modeling.Batty of Azraels Accomplice  
8. What was your best & worst experience as a model? One of the best experiences was getting to model for/work with AMF and John Santerineross because they are both artist I really admire and adore.The worst part is having people rip off my old shoots,if I see one more girl with black contacts drooling black I'm gonna scream!

9. Whats your dream modeling gig? I really want to do a underwater shoot.

10. What advice would you give a new model entering the industry? It sounds cheesy but BE YOURSELF.What makes you,YOU will be what gets you noticed.I'm fairly curvy and almost all the alt models now are very thin.But that actually gives me a advantage because it makes me different,so instead of bitching about not being able to be rail thin,I use it as a advantage.You may hate things about yourself like say gap teeth but that might be the very thing to set you apart. What are YOUR top 10 must have's for your model bag? I always bring my makeup I put on for the shoot for touchups.A bottle of water.Curling iron.A back up set of clothes and makeup colors in case they want to shoot another set.A comb to retease my hair.Hairspray.Sunblock if you are shooting outdoors.Safety pins and a knife.



Ugly Shyla is also a very talented artist.
Below are the links to both her website and her etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment