Friday, February 28, 2014

March's Male Model Of The Month, Zuri James!

Zuri James 
Age: 24 
Height: 6’2” 
Measurements: 
Weight: 162lb 
Waist: 30” 
Inseam: 32” 
Neck: 15 ½ 
Suit: 40L 
1. When did you start your career? 
I started modeling about 9 months ago after graduating college.  A couple months after getting out of college I signed with an agency to represent me and went from there.  I also modeled as a kid, but transitioned out of it before my teenage years.  

2. What kind of model are you (glamour,fashion,alternative,everything)? 
I am currently am participating in a wide range of modeling genres from high fashion to fitness to lifestyle.  
3. What are you hobbies,favorite movie,favorite music,etc? 
I have many hobbies.  I played Div-I basketball for my college.  I am also an artist and poet.  Mostly I like to hang with friends and just have a good time.  I am a big movie buff! And my favorite movie is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  As for music, I listen to all types from hip-hop, to jazz, to some indie rock.  

4. Is modeling your full time job? 
I also hold a position at a Marketing and Sales Outsourcing Company in the Atlanta Area.  I juggle the two, and it’s about a 50/50 as far as time allocation goes. 
5. What do you know now that you wish you did when you 1st started modeling? 
Beware of SCAMS and people who ask for money up front.  If any person or agency truly wants to represent you they will invest in you, and get compensated when you get jobs 

6. Where do you want to take your modeling in the future? 
Wherever modeling takes me!  I’d love to be able to make  good friends, travel, and make some pretty good money all while having fun in the modeling world.  I eventually would like to transition into acting and give that a go as well. 
7. Who is your favorite photographer,model,designer? 
My favorite photographer is Richard Warren.  My favorite female models are Adriana Lima and Joan Smalls.  My favorite male model is Tyson Beckford 

8. What was your best & worst experience as a model? 
My best modeling experience was my first paid shoot a little while ago.  It was also one of my most nerve wrecking, as this was one of my first shoots and I was modeling underwear.  I luckily do not have a worst experience as of yet, and hopefully it will stay that way… fingers crossed 
9. Whats your dream modeling gig? 
My dream modeling job is to land a high profile job for Calvin Klein, Versace, or Giorgio Armani. 

10. What advice would you give a new model entering the industry? 
My advice to anyone in the modeling industry is to have fun with it!  Allow every experience to be new and exciting, and to cherish every moment.  Also, I would tell everyone to maintain a healthy lifestyle of diet, exercise and overall healthy living 
What are YOUR top 10 must have's for your model bag? 
1.  Portfolio     
2. Hair brush     
3. Lip Balm      
4. Cell Phone      
5. Lotion     
6. References     
7. Professional Resume     
8. Extra Clothes      
9. Some extra water    
10. Cell

No comments:

Post a Comment