Friday, February 28, 2014

March Model Of The Month: Heidi Van Horne!

Heidi Van Horne
Age
36
Height
5’ 7 ¾ “
Measurements
I don’t even know anymore!  
Real boobs, real waist, real hips.
 1. When did you start your career?
As a model, I had two starts.  I did some mainstream stuff when I was 11-13 before getting serious about acting, and then, at around 24 I started doing pinup, before it blossomed and became the huge scene it is today.

2. What kind of model are you (glamour,fashion,alternative,everything)?
First and foremost, I’m an actress, so I enjoy ALL types of modeling and styles, but what I do most and what I am known for is a mixture of vintage and iconic photo recreations and modern pinup.
3. What are you hobbies,favorite movie,favorite music,etc?
Working.  I don’t get much free time.  Thankfully, I love what I do, so that involves lots of writing; cool old cars, trucks and motorcycles; talking with interesting people; making movies, images and music; traveling; and nerding out on the computer.

4. Is modeling your full time job?
Not anymore.

5. What do you know now that you wish you did when you 1st started modeling?
Nothing.  If I had known even more I probably never would have done it!  HA!  Going in (albeit wise, but) open minded and wide eyed was part of what made the early years so much fun, let me be so open to meeting such a variety of people and was such a contrast to the rigid rules of my professional acting career at the time.

6. Where do you want to take your modeling in the future?
I enjoy doing the occasional cool client job and love creating with like-minded collaborators on special projects, but that’s where it is and just how I like it.  Not gonna lie, though, I wouldn’t be sad if decades from now I suddenly had a third wind as a mature model, like Carmen Dell'Orefice.  Otherwise, my “modeling” goals these days are more about the incredible photographers I would like to shoot portraits with for magazine features as an actress and director. 
7. Who is your favorite photographer,model,designer?
Like fashion, it often changes who my favorite is, but some of my tops are Ellen Von Unwerth, David LaChappelle, Dale May and Marla Rutherford.  Favorites that I have worked with are Peter Lindberg, Octavio Arizala, Danielle Bedics, Shannon Brooke, and Ama Lea.  I love wearing Nanette Lepore and Bettie Page Clothing, dreaming of Christian LouBoutin’s and mixing great vintage pieces with comfy modern takes on classic styles.  My favorite new model at the moment is Olivia Dantes. And, of course, I always love and support the ground-breaking work of my good friend and cherished collaborator Sabina Kelley.  She doesn’t stop rocking it.  A LOT of young models may not realize they owe their career to the path she paved for them.

8. What was your best & worst experience as a model?
The people.  I met and worked with the best people and the worst people in my life doing this.  Look for the diamonds and toss out the coal.
9. Whats your dream modeling gig?
I’m making a documentary movie right now called “Making Over Molly” about rebuilding my 1960 F100 with my family, so honestly, my dream gig right now would be a cover feature of a major entertainment magazine, talking about the film, shooting with any of the above photographers.  (check out www.igg.me/at/makingovermolly to learn more!)

10. What advice would you give a new model entering the industry?
Be strong – know your boundaries and don’t be scared of speaking up for yourself.  People will treat you the way you allow yourself to be treated, and in this industry, that can get ugly if you let it.  Don’t.  There are tons of amazing and wonderful people in this industry, don’t waste time with ones who treat you wrong, try to intimidate you or belittle you.  Have a good attitude and know who you are.

Also, there are bad people out there and good people have accidents, so… just to be safe and overly cautious, always make sure to leave the info of WHO you are meeting and WHERE with someone you love, just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Above all, don’t forget to ENJOY yourself!  And never take yourself too seriously.
 What are YOUR top 10 must have's for your model bag?
Let’s see if I remember!  Hahaha…  Nude and black thongs, various bra options (white, nude, black, strapless, push up, sheer), stockings (black, nude, back seamed, and any fun new ones), bobby pains, a brush, lint roller, safety pins, business cards, lip balm, moisturizer and a GPS-enabled phone. (Back in the day, I would have said a Thomas Bros’ guide in LA or KeyMaps in Houston, but that just dates me now! Haha) 

You can find the gorgeous Heidi at the links below!

Check out Heidi's New Movie!

Heidi's Official Website

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Youtube


No comments:

Post a Comment