Sunday, February 2, 2014

Feburary's Female Model Of The Month! Lexi Placourakis

Lexi Placourakis
Age 25
Height 5'11
Measurements 
waist 32' hips 42' around a size 12/14

1. When did you start your career? 
I started about 6 years ago!

2. What kind of model are you (glamour,fashion,alternative,everything)? 
I am a plus size model, most of the work I book is mostly lingerie and swim suits! 
3. What are you hobbies,favorite movie,favorite music,etc? 
My favorite thing to do is spend time with my son! he is my everything, we go on adventures and trips all the time he even comes on set with me some times! But I love to travel, be with family, I have been riding horses since I was a little girl so that is a major hobby/passion of mine. As far as movies I am a sucker for any Disney Movie or Romantic movie, I listen to anything as far as music goes, I am not very picky when it comes to music.

4. Is modeling your full time job? 
Being a mommy is my full time job, modeling comes after that.
5. What do you know now that you wish you did when you 1st started modeling? 
Not to be afraid to talk to your agencies, tell them what you what, and how you feel. They want you to work they want to make money just like you. Also, agencies are not everything. They have many beautiful people that they are in charge of, its easy to sometimes get lost in the shuffle, market yourself. Some of my best clients are from me marketing myself!

6. Where do you want to take your modeling in the future? 
As far as it will take me. I am 25, there are many beautiful women out there that have yet to be seen. my main goal as of recently has been to become an advocate for confidence and being ok with curves, not bending to societies standards of beautiful. The work I get is a bonus. I love what I do, its a part of me and to able to be paid for something that you love doing its really amazing!
7. Who is your favorite photographer,model,designer? 
I love Robyn Lawley, she is so beautiful and smart. I love how far she has come and the impact she has had on this industry. She is an amazing role model for any women.

8. What was your best & worst experience as a model? 
My best experiance is hard to say, seeing my work wether it be online, in a random magazine or anywhere in general is so exciting for me it never gets old. But getting the messages that I do from the people on my fan page is the icing on the cake. Reading the impact that I have on some people tho it may be a small one is so rewarding and is defiatly the best part of what I do. The worst thing? I wouldn't say I have one thing that stands out. I mean I get some negative feed back on my page which is to be expected, I am lucky to say that nothing sticks out to me besides the normal negative comments you might hear from go sees and what not, modeling has been a pretty positive experience for me to say the least. I did have a little something I had on set with a regular client last month! They had asked me to cut some of my hair (which i unwillingly did) but when I was on set that next time they ended up wanting to straightening my hair (which they never do, and as you know makes long hair longer!) so on set I heard them whispering about it so I told them then and there to cut off what they wanted, mind you they had my hair only showing on one side, so they got some scissors and chopped about an inch off only one side of my head!! ha luckily I have really thick hair and you can't really notice, but yea that was a memorable experience. 
9. Whats your dream modeling gig? 
I don't want to sound corny but every job I get is surreal for me even if its not a huge client. I would love to be a part of companies that don't have plus size women representing them yet, whether it be Victoria's Secret, or Sports Illustrated. Making a statement for curves would be awesome.

10. What advice would you give a new model entering the industry? 
Keep your head up, you'll hear more "no's " then you will "yes" and don't be afraid to market yourself! Take advantage of social media!!! Everyone starts someone don't be intimidated and stay true to your believes!
What are YOUR top 10 must have's for your model bag?
Thats an easy one! 
1. Bras in Black, nude, white ( ones that can turn into strapless)
2. Thongs in black and nude
3. Nail polish remover ( even tho you should ALWAYS show up to a job with a fresh mani pedi )
4. Some nude and black heels
5. My vouchers 
6. My own make up (sometimes you need to touch your self up, can't always rely on the make up artist)
7. Some snacks 
8. Lotion (tho almost every job I've had has lotion there, its always good to be prepared)
9. Tank tops in black, white, tan
10. My phone charger ( you never no how long you'll be on set)
Lexi can be found online at the following links!!



1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful. I want more women like her to realize just how sexy they really are. Real women have curves.

    ReplyDelete