Thursday, October 31, 2013

November Model of The Month Mimi LaRue : The vintage Doll!!!




The Vintage Doll aka Mimi LaRue



Age 24
Height 5'6"
Measurements 36-29-34
1. When did you start your career?
I started my modeling career when I was 21 right before my son turned one. 
After admiring, and studying the pinup/rockabilly life style for 5 years, I finally was brave enough to give it a try.

2. What kind of model are you (glamour,fashion,alternative,everything)? 
I specialize in pinup and rockabilly style modeling. My pinup style ranges from classic original style, cheesecake, to rockabilly modern style pinup.

3. What are you hobbies,favorite movie,favorite music,etc?
My hobbies include, making how to videos in the vintage style for other ladies to learn from, I love movie nights, BBQ's with my family, going to car shows, and anything with my little boys.
4. Is modeling your full time job?
Modeling at the moment is just more of a hobby and what I am passionate about. My full time job is your classic stay at home wife and mom. My boys are still very little and need my full attention and they will always come first before anything.
5. What do you know now that you wish you did when you 1st started modeling?
To not change who I am or my style just because it might get me published faster. We want so desperately to get ourselves out there and be noticed by magazines sometimes we put aside who we are to maybe do styles that we don't really want to do because we think it's what others want. Never sacrifice who you are due to impatience. You will get there, just keep working hard.
6. Where do you want to take your modeling in the future?
I want my modeling to be more than just photos. I want it to make a difference. I really want to do something for our troops and also something to help show other women that we are all beautiful in our own ways and can do whatever we set our minds to.
7. Who is your favorite photographer,model,designer?
Oh goodness that is a hard one. I have shot with two great photographers, Dan West of Classy Chassis Photo, and Mindy Jones of Vivid Eye Candy who I truly owe so much to. They stand out because they really put thought and knowledge into each shoot which always makes the photos shine. I have several models that have inspired me. Some that are famous that we all know and some that are new to the scene but have hearts so beautiful they really make me want to be my best. The designers I think I truly love the most are the ladies that hand make vintage style clothing. Like Mail Order Pinup Clothing, who truly show their passion in their clothes with every stitch.
8. What was your best & worst experience as a model? My best experience as a model has to be the beautiful women I meet. Such amazing women most of them and I really value having them as friends. Also what I have learned in myself. Modeling has given me a confidence and strength I didn't know I possessed. My worst experience would have to be the constant judging that's put towards me from complete strangers that know nothing about me. It's hard to swallow sometimes but when you put yourself out there it's something you will just have to endure and ignore because it really holds no weight in your life or career.
9. Whats your dream modeling gig?
I have two goals, one is to make the cover of a old school car magazine which inspired my pinup life, and to become a model for Pin Up Girl Clothing.
10. What advice would you give a new model entering the industry? What are YOUR top 10 must have's for your model bag? I would tell them to never let others get you down or discourage you. Rather it be other models, family or friends, don't ever let them stop you with their negative words or unsupportive behavior. There will always be people who don't like you or what you are doing. Sometimes it's people you love and it really hurts but you can't let that stop you. Also never let "not making the cut" for magazines or whatever your after get you down because you will have your moment when it's time and it will be great!
Top ten must haves
Bobby Pins
Nude panties both full coverage and not
New stockings
Strapless Bra
Baby Wipes (they lean everything!)
Shape Wear (smooths everything out)
My Flat Iron for curling emergencies
Hair Spray
Double Stick Tape
Confidence

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! My husband got me a pinup photo for Christmas this year. I am SO excited!! I'm going to make sure my bag is packed with your advice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she's awesome! Also Kim to the right of the blog is a list of links. There is one "Your Model Bag" which is a list of stuff you need. Plus modelology which terms for the industry! Good luck gorgeous!

      Delete